WAI Australia is a chapter of the internationally recognized organization, Women in Aviation International (WAI).
Women in Aviation International (WAI). The Australian Chapter was established in 2015 to provide a national platform that represents all facets of the aviation and aerospace industry and to engage and inspire the next generation of aerospace leaders. WAI is dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of women in all aviation and aerospace career fields and interests.
National Australian Committee
- National President Jessica Hayler
- National Vice President Cherie Horan
- National Secretary Katrina Byrne
- National Treasurer Jackie Carpenter
- Education Outreach. Danni Maynard M ScTech
- Membership Outreach Chair (Corporate Engagement) Tammy Camilleri
Sub Committee Members
- Membership Secretary Ellen Polacsek
- Scholarship Coordinator Adrianne Fleming OAM
- Mentoring Outreach Natalee Johnston
- STEM Coordinator Bianca Capra
Thinking of nominating for a position with WAI Australia? Review our roles and responsibilities and see where you can help!
WAI began in 1990 and was formally established in 1994 as a non-profit organisation. The first International Women in Aviation Conference was held in Prescott, Arizona, in 1990.
Membership Classification (percentage of members)
- 63% Individual (Professionals/Enthusiasts)
- 7% International (Outside the U.S.)
- 28% Student (High school/College and University students)
- 2% Corporate (Organizations/Corporations)
- More than 12,000 active members
- Aviation for Women, the official bimonthly publication of Women in Aviation InternationalWAI Connect monthly electronic newsletter
- Annual conference for WAI members in all fields of aviation and aerospace
- Local chapters in communities around the world
- Government and industry representation
- Educational outreach programs
- Network base for personal and career development
- Merchandise and services discounts
*Corporate members receive additional benefits including: exhibit discounts at the annual conference, advertising discounts in Aviation for Women magazine and listings in WAI publications.
The aim of the National Conference is to provide attendees with vital information and resources from various facets of the industry, and more importantly, provide an interactive environment for attendees to connect and network with leaders from within the aviation and aerospace industry and Defence Force Recruiting. Representatives from major organisations be present to offer advice and support for those pursuing employment within the industry. General sessions, professional development seminars, educational sessions, networking and tours Attendees from all states of Australia Attendance from a wide variety of aviation businesses and employers Special workshop events, tours & scholarship presentations