Tools to challenge, so you can choose to challenge virtual forum
10/03/2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
In support of the International Women’s Day 2021 campaign #choosetochallenge, we are hosting a virtual forum in partnership with Airservices Australia, where we aim to provide you with tools to challenge, so you can choose to challenge and call out gender-based bias and stereotypes.
The forum will hear from 5 guest speakers, who will provide their unique perspective in different ways to challenge.
Each speaker will focus their presentations on one of these 5 topic areas:
- Knowing what gender bias and stereotypes are. Including the difference between intentional and unconscious bias.
- The impact of gender stereotypes and bias on school-aged girls, and how as educators, parents/guardians we can challenge.
- Tools that an individual can use when experiencing bias and stereotypes in the workplace.
- The role of the male in challenging bias and stereotypes and the tools they can use.
- Challenging bias and stereotypes at an organisational level.
After hearing from each of our speakers, our virtual audience will have the opportunity to ask questions to learn more during a live Q&A panel session.
The event will be held @3pm-5pm AEDT on the 10th of March 2021.
Registrations will close @5pm AEDT on the 7th of March 2021.
2021 IWD Theme #choosetochallenge
A challenged world is an alert world.
Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day.
We can choose to challenge and call out gender stereotypes and bias.
We can choose to seek out and celebrate women’s achievements.
Collectively, we can create an inclusive world.
From challenge comes change. Choose to challenge’.
Learn more about IWD here: https://www.internationalwomensday.com/